E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Striving for independence!

Drew has really started showing his independence lately. One the one hand, I'm thrilled! I love watching him grow and develop. It is such an amazing experience and I find that I'm learning right along with him. On the other hand, it is sad. My little boy is growing up!!! I remember the first time I held him and he was so tiny. I can't believe that's been over 6 years ago.

Another downside/challenge in Drew's quest for independence is his constant need to question me and everything I say. In fact, last night, I told Drew that X was going to happen and that he just needed to trust me. He said, "So, I'm just supposed to believe everything you say??"

I was stunned. It got me thinking, how the heck do I respond to that. I don't want him to blindly trust anyone and everyone. I want him to find his own way and discover his own viewpoints/beliefs. I know there are people in the world that I don't want Drew listening to, much less trusting. What do I do?? How do I explain all this to a 6 year old??

Sometimes, I feel so way out of my league as a parent. I think I'm making it up as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment