E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Friday, September 10, 2010

Articles & Comments

I am always reading the news, then I usually make the mistake of reading the comment section at the end. I've learned something through this process....there are a lot of angry people in the world. Well, at least, that is how it seems.

Some people think I'm a "bleeding heart liberal" and others think I just let people walk all over me. I don't believe either is correct. I try very hard not to judge people because I'm not "walking in their shoes," (a quote from one of my all time favorite books, To Kill a Mockingbird). I have no idea how I would respond to the challenges and issues they are facing, heck, I don't have a clue as to what they are facing.

The reason I bring this up is that I just read an article in CNN about Angline Jolie and the work she is doing for Pakistan. That country has been devastated by floods. Many of the comments people left were horrible. Why are so many people so mean? That is something I don't understand and hopefully, I never will. Now, don't get me wrong, I can and do get very mad about certain things and I do have strong opinions on certain subjects, but I have a pretty good understanding of who feels like I do and who doesn't. Just because someone doesn't share all the same view points, doesn't mean I can't learn from them and they can't learn from me.

Ok, I'm going to get off my soap box. Sorry!

Hugs!
Paulette

No comments:

Post a Comment