E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grateful Heart

I've been following a very inspiring story the last several months. Shay Kelley has been traveling to all 50 states, living in her truck and collecting canned goods and socks for the homeless. She has such an amazing attitude about everything and she just keeps putting one foot in front of the other. In addition to her website & facebook, I've been receiving her tweets and I'm just blown away by this young woman.

She took a negative experience in her life and decided to use it for the benefit of others. She's reaching out to a segment of our community that most of us hide from. I know I've been guilty of that, myself. Shay keeps talking about being grateful for all that she has and that spreading love is the number 1 priority in her life.

As I read her blog and her tweets, I discover something about myself...I'm not nearly as grateful as I should be. I have a home, I have food on the table and most importantly, my son is healthy and happy. Yes, my life has taken some twists and turns that I never expected it, yes, I struggle with money (but I am realizing that is a position that I'm putting myself in....I hear Dave Ramsey in my head telling me to grow up and act my wage!!), but we don't go hungry...we're not cold at night and the list goes on and on.

Why then do I tend to freak out about things when I know that the important stuff is under control and God is going to take care of us? I tend to try to control everything around me and I know that I should just leave it all up to God, but why do I keep trying to take control of things? I think God is still trying to teach me patience and Faith. Maybe I keep him chuckling because that is something he has to repeatedly teach me.

Hugs to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment