E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome to 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!  I can't believe it's 2012.  Time sure is flying by.

I have several Drewisms to share with you...enjoy!

Me: You like teasing me, Drew.
Drew: Yep, that's my job!

Drew: Momma, get ready to see something AWESOME!
(Why does that scare me?)

Drew: Momma, you know what, if I were president, my name could be JellyButter.
(Ok, sounds good to me.)

Drew: Momma, I'm going to play my guitar.  Prepare to ROCK OUT!
(Oh boy, that means he's going to play LOUD!)

Drew: You know what I love doing, momma?
Me: No, what do you love doing?
Drew: I love kissing my biceps!  I'm the bicep man!  Look at me!!!

Drew: Momma, what's 6 +3?
Me: Drew, you know the answer to that!
Drew: Yeah, but I don't feel like doing math right now, so I want you to tell me what it is.
(Oh boy!)

Drew: Momma, guess what, I'm a superhero!
Me: You are?  What superhero are you?
Drew: I'm Drew-Man!
Me: Wow, that sounds great!
Drew: And guess what, you're going to be my sidekick. I'm sorry to say that you're not going to be an awesome sidekick, you're just going to be a mommy sidekick.
Me: Why isn't a mommy sidekick an awesome sidekick?
Drew: Well, you just do mommy stuff....fix dinner, help me with homework, get on to me for not doing something...you know, mom stuff.
(This still cracks me up!  I personally think Momma sidekicks are AWESOME!)

Drew: Momma, you need to learn to listen to me. I'm always right.

Me: Drew, we need to work on your homework project.
Drew: Ok, can you explain it to me again?
Me: Sure. You need to write a paragraph explaining a holiday tradition that we have.  Do you know what you want to write about?
Drew: Yes, going to my cousins.
Me: Ok, so let's start working.
He writes a sentence.
Drew: Ok, I'm done.
Me: No you're not. You have to write a paragraph. So, you need to write a few more sentences.
Drew: No, I don't think that's what I'm supposed to do. I think I just need to write a sentence.
Me: Drew, I'm reading the instructions right here.
Drew: Are you sure you're reading them correctly, Momma?? I know you get mixed up sometimes.
At this point, I'm thinking that Drew is going to be either a politician or an attorney when he grows up.  I'm also thinking that there probably isn't going to be enough alcohol or tranquilizers to survive his teenage years. I mean, he's only 7 right now! :-)

We were working on his spelling words last night and one of his words was "woke."
Me: Woke
Drew: Uhm??  What does that mean?
Me: Here it is in a sentence, "The alarm woke me up."
Drew: That's not a real word, at least in my world it isn't.

Drew was walking by one of our Christmas decorations and noticed that the Santa had fallen...
Drew: Santa is down. I repeat, Santa is DOWN!

We made cookies before Christmas and I have a set of nativity cookie cutters that we used.  One of cutters is of a baby Jesus.
Drew: Momma, can I have a cookie?
Me: Sure, which one do you want?
Drew: I would like a cow and a baby Jesus.
Me: Ok, here you go.
Drew: MMMMmmm, baby Jesus sure does taste good.
(There is just something wrong with that statement.) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment