E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yep, it's time for Drew-isms!

So, I realized the other day that it's been WAY too long since I entertained you with Drew-isms, so consider this an early Christmas present! :-)

(Drew spent Thanksgiving with his dad and I was at Karen's house.  I called Drew to wish him a Happy Thanksgiving.)
Me: Happy Thanksgiving, Drew!
Drew: Thanks, Momma.  Whatcha doing??
Me: I'm helping Auntie Karen cook!
Drew: Are you cooking the turkey?
Me: Yep, it's in the over.
Drew: Don't burn it, momma.
Me: WHAT?  When have I ever burned the turkey?
Drew: HAHAHAHA!!!!  I'm so funny!
(Yeah, I have a hysterical kid....rolling my eyes!)

(The following conversation took place while we were in the car, headed to the store.)
Drew: Momma, you can GO!
Me: Drew, I can't go.  There are cars coming.
Drew: But, Momma, it's GREEN and that means GO!
Me: Drew, I'm turning and even though it's green, that doesn't mean I can go.  I have to wait until either there are no cars coming or there is a green arrow.  I don't want to turn and get hit by another car!
Drew: OHHH, that makes sense.  Good thinking, Momma.  I guess I'll let you keep driving, then.
Me: Uh, excuse me?? You'll LET me keep driving??
Drew:  HAHHAHA...that's so funny! 
(That sound you hear is me banging my head against the steering wheel.)

Drew: Momma, you want to know what my wish is?
Me: Sure, what is your wish?
Drew: I want to meet Santa Clause.
Me: Uhm, ok.
Drew: Now Momma, I'm talking about the real Santa Clause.  Cause, you know the ones you see at the stores and you can take pictures with, those aren't the real santa's.  Those are just big guys with fake beards.
Me: Honey, the real Santa lives up in the North Pole and I don't think you'll be able to meet him. 
Drew: I'll meet him.  I can set a trap for when he comes and I'll catch him! I'll fix a special trap at Uncle Monty's & Aunt Judy's house and when Santa drops off the presents, the trap will spring up and catch him!
(I think I need to be worried that he's planning on setting a trap and capturing Santa!  AND, he's been thinking about this one for a while!)

Drew: Momma, I love it when Papa visits.
Me: I do too!
Drew: You want to know why?
Me: Sure.
Drew: He makes yummy pancakes and cooks them.  I like Papa's pancakes better than yours.
Me: Oh you do?  Why is that?
Drew: Papa doesn't burn them!
(Just so you know, I only burned pancakes ONCE and that was 4 years ago and that crazy kid of mine still remembers that!)

Well, that's it for now!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Love & Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment