E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baking, Baking and MORE Baking

I've been MIA for a while due to my dad's visit.  We try to cram so much visiting in when he's here, that other parts of my life are put on hold.

Dad left yesterday morning and I was sad to see him go.  I've loved having him here and not just because he spoils me, it's nice being able to visit and hang out with him, but I don't think my waist line has been really happy with me. You see, my dad has a certain philosophy that he loves, "if a little does a little good, then A LOT will do A LOT of good." One aspect he applies this specific philosophy to is cooking, more specifically, I mean baking. 

During the two weeks that he was here, he made the following:
1) 18 pounds of fudge...yes, you read that right, 18 pounds!!! (chocolate, white chocolate and peanut butter)
2) little lemon cakes (about a bite size and he made over 100 of them)
3) little strawberry cakes (again, about a bite size and he made over 100 of them)
4) little chocolate cakes (...are you getting the pattern yet??)
5) Homemade pancakes
6) Homemade waffles
7) Homemade biscuits
8) Monkey Bread (which I LOVE)
9) Chocolate goo (it was good!)

I mentioned once that I would consider his visit a success if I didn't gain 100 pounds, well, the visit was a success, on many levels! :-)

My freezers are FULL!

The list above doesn't take into account all the other stuff that he got for me.  I have enough paper towels to last until after Christmas (again, with his philosophy...).  I don't think I'm going to need to buy meat anytime soon.  I'm set on toilet tissue, chips for Drew's lunches, peanut butter (again, for Drew's lunches) and I could go on and on.  I have so much stuff, that I can't get it in the panty, so it's lined up under the kitchen windows.

My dad cracks me up, and I wouldn't trade him for anything! 

Hope you all are doing great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment