E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ups & Challenges


Drew is home!  I'm thrilled and we are having a blast!  I feel like we've been going non-stop since he got back and I'm thinking I need to go back to work to rest. That being said, I wouldn't trade these days with him for anything in the world. 

It's been amazing having him back.  I love listening to him talk a mile a minute (and yes, he is my kiddo), telling me that I'm wrong about something (ok, maybe not so much that part, but it's funny listening to him come up with his reasoning), or telling me what we should do next.  We've played games, gone to a splash pool and today, we had the amazing experience of sitting and WAITING for my car to be fixed.

Yeah, this afternoon might not have been the best day, but hey, at least we were together.  That being said, I do have to share the car story.  Trust me, you're not going to believe this!

There is a TON of  back story, but I'm just going to give you the highlights...
1) Purchased the car in May, it's a 2009 Hyundai Accent
2) Starting having problems with it in June.
3) In July, had to have the transmission replaced (yep, you read that correctly)
(This is the cliff notes of the cliff notes...but I'll share that story another time)

Today I take Drew to Burger King for lunch.  It's hot outside (nothing new here) and he can play inside for a while.  Pretty smart thinking on my part!  Well, we go to leave and the car doesn't start.  It doesn't even turn over.  I call my handy dandy roadside service people and the tow truck arrives 30 minutes later (thank goodness we can wait inside in the AC).  The gentleman hooks up the batter tester and it shows that the battery is fine and he tells me that it's probably the alternator.  I start freaking out until he tells me that it should be covered under the warranty.  Ok, that makes me feel a little bit better.  Well, off to the Hyundai dealership we go. 

On the way there, his truck starts overheating...NOT KIDDING!  We make it to the dealership and then we start waiting.  Well, the poor tow truck driver...yeah, his truck is smoking!  He's pouring water on it and it's not moving.  He has to call a tow truck for his tow truck.  Watching them load the first tow truck unto the second tow truck was interesting.  Everyone in the waiting room started freaking out when the second tow truck starts rising in the air when it's lifting the first tow truck.  Of course, my precious little boy thought it was hysterical!

Well, the service guy at the dealership gets my car running and I end up taking it to another place because I don't have the $130 that they are going to charge me for a battery.  I get a new battery and the car is running fine...at least right now. It turns out that the machine the tow truck driver used is not working properly and that the problem really is the battery, not the alternator. See...I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.!

So, as I mentioned on facebook, I am officially too hot for cars!  I break them down. :-)

While all this was going on, I wanted to cry, I mean seriously, enough if enough with this crazy car.  But then one of my wonderful friends, Karen, reminded me, it could be worse and she's right.  I've been reading about the famine in Somalia and how hundreds of children have been dying.  That is any parent's worst nightmare. I might not be able to buy Drew everything he wants, but I can feed him.  In a world where there are so many parents that are not able to do that, then I know the problems I'm dealing with right now are nothing more than temporary inconveniences.

So, the bills will get paid, eventually.
The car will be completely fixed, eventually.
Having a healthy and happy child that I'm able to play with, priceless!

Everything is going to work out.  God has a plan and I'm so glad He's in charge and not me.  Of course, I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Hugs!
Paulette

No comments:

Post a Comment