E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to school!





It's official, I have a 1st grader!  We are now into the second week of school and so far, so good.  Drew and I both are adjusting to the routine that the school year brings.  It's funny how fast you get out of that routine during summer.

We also had some surprise company during his first week.  My dad and aunt came down for the week.  It was great having them here.  Dad cooked and Aunt Barbara cleaned.  I was totally spoiled and I loved every minute of it.  Drew was able to ride the bus home from school, since papa was here and he thought that was awesome.  He's still asking to ride the bus home and he's not happy that he's going to have to wait a while for that! :-)



In about a month we're going to be having Drew tested for Dyslexia.  At the end of the year last year, his teacher (remember, this was her second year to have Drew in her class) and I suspected that there was something else going on with Drew and we suspected Dyslexia (his birth father has Dyslexia).  In Texas, they don't test for that until they are at least 7, so we couldn't do anything until now anyway.  I'm so grateful to his school and all the amazing people that work there.  I know that he'll get the help he needs and that he'll succeed no matter what challenges may come his way.  

As for me, well work is going well.  It's busy, but it makes the day go by faster.  I'm also really getting into the training for my 5K in October.  I've actually run a mile...without stopping!  That is world stopping for me! LOL  You can ask any of my friends, I really don't like running. Of course, a 5K is 3.1 miles, so I need to start adding miles.  Ughhhh......

Hugs,
Paulette

No comments:

Post a Comment