E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Drew-isms!

It's been a while since I've posted Drew-isms, so I thought I would brighten your day with another dose for your reading enjoyment.  Here we go....

Karen: Drew, isn't your momma pretty.
Drew: Nope, she isn't pretty.  She's HOT!
(Me:  oh boy!  I'm in trouble!)

Me: Drew, I need you to listen to me!
Drew: Momma, I don't have my listening ears on right now.


Drew: Momma, I'm HUNGRY!!
Me: Drew, we're going to eat dinner in about 5 minutes.
Drew: Momma, I can't wwwwaaaaaiiiiiiitttttttt!!!!!!
Me: Of course you can wait, you're not going to starve in 5 minutes.
Drew: YES I am!  I'm going to starve and die in 2 minutes unless I have some food RIGHT now! I NEED food!!!
Me: Well, if you're going to starve and die in 2 minutes unless you eat, you could have a banana.
Drew: No, I don't need a banana, I NNNEEEDDDDD my candy.  I'm going to starve and die without my candy.
Me: Sorry, you're not having candy right before dinner.
Drew: You just want me to starve and die!
Me: No, I don't want you to starve and die, but you're not having candy before dinner.
Drew: You're a mean mommy.
Me: Thank you!
(Drew walks away at this point not sure how to respond to that one!)
:-)

(I've been TRYING to teach Drew the value of chores and getting "paid" for those chores.  It's been an experience. He wanted to buy a watch at WalMart, but he "left" his money at home.  I told him that I would pay for it, but then he would have to pay me back and he agreed. He did pay me back but a few days later, he tried to tell me he deserved the money back.  Here is that conversation.)

Drew: Momma, I've been thinking.
Me: Oh boy, what have you been thinking about.
Drew: Well, you told me that I had to do chores in order to earn money for the watch that I bought. I paid you back, but I would like to have that money back now.
Me: Oh really, why is that?
Drew: I don't like the watch any more.
Me: Sorry buddy, but you threw away the receipt and we've opened the watch.  Plus, you've been wearing the watch and you can't take it back now.
Drew: I WANT my money back, please, momma, give me my money back.
Me: You can earn the money when you do your chores.
Drew: Wait, I've done my chores, remember, I cleaned my room up all by myself.
Me: Drew, that was last month and I've already given you your commission (by the way, that is a Dave Ramsey thing!) for that.
Drew: But it should still count!  I cleaned my room.
Me: You'll have to clean it again.
Drew: You mean to tell me that I've got to clean my room AGAIN, ALL by myself to earn my commission AGAIN?  Is this something I've got to do regularly to earn my commission??
Me: Yep!
Drew: Well, that stinks.

I had to turn away at that because it was pretty funny!!

Hope you enjoyed!!

1 comment: