E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crazy weather

It's been an interesting time at my house. A week ago Saturday, I woke up and the house was cold, I mean COLD!!!  So, I got out of bed and went to the thermostat, it showed 53.  Yep, something was wrong.  I turned it off and turned it back on a couple of times, to see if that would kick start something.  Yeah, no luck.  So, I then called the repair guys and BEGGED them to come out and look at it.  It was cold!

Of course Drew was having a blast with it.  He kept getting blankets and bringing them to the bed.  Pretty soon, you couldn't see the bed because we had so many blankets on it.  But he was having fun and I was staying warm, so it was a win-win situation.

The repair dude shows up at 2 and he's gone by 2:30.  HEAT!!  Yeah, it was great.  Just don't ask me how much it was...I'm still living in a sea of denial about that one.

Another cold spell came through but I wasn't worried.  Nothing has ever happened.  I go home, expecting to do some laundry and yep, no water.  I KNOW I paid the bill. So, I start calling people trying to figure out what is going on and it dawns on me, my pipes are frozen.  Oh joy.  Again, Drew thought this was awesome.  He was having a blast with it and I was trying really hard not to break down like an idiot in front of him.  (Thankfully, I have some awesome friends who I broke down to and then I was fine in front of Drew.) 

I called my boss and told her that I would be late, really late, because I needed to stay around the house due to the frozen pipes.  She was awesome!  On Thursday at about 1:00, I heard the amazing sound of running water.  I then went and looked at the main water valve and it doesn't look like any pipes busted, SO.....that is AWESOME!!!!!

Anyway, I ended up getting to work at about 2!  But Drew had some awesome stories to tell his friends.

Peace out!!

1 comment:

  1. and NOW it's in the 70's. Texas winters, go figure!

    ReplyDelete