E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Metamorphosis

 

When I was in college, I had to read The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka for one of my English Lit classes. I even remember the teacher for that class.  I thought he was a tad bit eccentric, but hey, isn’t that what most English Prof’s are.  When I read it then, I strongly disliked that book.  All I could think of when I was reading it was that it was crazy that this person was changing into a giant insect.  I couldn’t get past that.

Now, jump forward a few decades and I’m starting to see it in a different light.  I think of myself and how I’m changing…and what is going to be the end result of that.  I’ve started looking at myself and the choices I make differently. Why do I think this or that, what has made me act this way or that way.  Do I like that about myself?  Why do I care about what others think??  I’ve always been so obsessed about the opinion of others that I’ve let it stifle me. 

I’m realizing that the only person that is hurting is me and why would I do that?  I want to be a positive example for my son and if I’m consistently worrying about the opinion of others, what is that going to do to my son?  How is the going to shape his life.

I’ve decided that I’m really excited about 2011 and the possibilities that it’s going to bring.  I’m ready to step out of my shell. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment