E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adoption

I have a very dear friend that she and her hubby are going to court tomorrow and their kids will be legally theirs, FINALLY.  They have had the kids for 2.5 years and I've watched them go through the foster system and now the adoption.  I am SO excited for them, I can't even express it.

It has taken me back to my own experience with Drew.  Drew's situation was a little different in that his birth parents asked my ex and I to adopt him and we had 7 weeks to get ready.  We were not prepared at all for this experience.  However, thanks to the help of family and some amazing friends, we did.  In those seven weeks we made a nursery, hired two attorneys (one in Wyoming and one in Texas), and hired the social worker.  We had our home study, the interview with the social worker and had some of our friends write letters of recommendation.  In fact, one of the letters was written by my friend that I mentioned earlier.

Drew's birth parents are a part of our lives and he understands, as well as a 6 year old can, that he has a mommy, daddy, birth mommy and birth daddy.  We talk to his birth parents and they have visited us.  They have given us such an amazing gift and I'm grateful to them every day!!  That little boy is my miracle, just like my friend's kids are her miracles.

Congrats again, Kimmy.  Love you tons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment