E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trying to help....

Ok, I'm one year into the Single Momville and I have to tell you, it's been a journey. I've been reading and reading, trying to find ideas/ways in which to help Drew and myself. I'm also working really hard at getting my finances under control and let me tell you, that is a learning process. I've discovered that I'm very much like a little child in that I hate telling myself no. I know I need to do it, so I'm working on it. I have to tell Drew no, so it's only right that I tell myself no as well. Anyway, again, it's been a journey. ;-)

That was a little segment into what I have been thinking about a lot lately and that is helping others. I'm really into following tweets and blogs and CNN got me hooked onto http://www.shaykelley.com/ She is an amazing woman and is traveling to all 50 states to collect canned goods for the homeless. She posts stories and pictures on her blog, tweeter and facebook and I have to tell you, it's an eye opening experience. She started this journey after she lost her job and her house. Instead of feeling sorry for herself, she decided to do something to help others. I'm realizing that I need to do something like that as well. God never gives us something that we can't handle (although, sometimes I think He has more faith in me than I do!) and one way to deal with all the emotions of change is to help others. So, I'm looking around trying to find out what I can do and the one thing that is really calling my attention right now is the oil spill. I'm looking into volunteer opportunities in/around Galveston so that I can go one weekend and help out. Even thinking about that gets your mind off your own problems.

Well, that is my rant for now. I'm going to try to be better about updating my blog.

Take care!
Paulette

No comments:

Post a Comment