E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Today is Christmas.  It is such an awesome and amazing day, although, this year, it does feel a little different. 

Drew is in Montana with his daddy and he left yesterday morning.  We had our Christmas early and we've had a blast at my brother's house with the family.  I know Drew is having a blast in Montana with all his cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles and all the SNOW!! 

Yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about how this was going to be my first Christmas without Drew.  I know it's not going to be the last and honestly, I know it is a day that we can celebrate anytime, but it is still different.  My family (my brother, sis-in-law, nephews, dad, and two aunts) started taking pictures last night before we went to church.  I didn't feel right about getting in the family picture since Drew wasn't here.  I know I'm going to be seeing him in 14 days, but I still didn't want to get in that picture.  I know that was probably crazy and I know I will probably change my mind in the future, but yesterday, it just didn't feel right to me.

Last night as I was trying to go to sleep, it dawned on me how fortunate I am.  Drew is not oversees, he isn't in harms way defending our freedom, he is simply with his daddy and his cousins.  I thought about all the mom's whose children are serving our country, serving on a mission trip or even those who have children already in heaven.  I thought, how do they deal with Christmas?  In fact, how do they handle day to day life?  It made me realize that I was feeling sorry for myself and I was forgetting all that I had to be thankful for.

So, to all of you , I'm wishing you a very Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment